Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
This tasty slow cooker shredded beef is perfect for night’s dinner. It is a very easy recipe. Just put all ingredients in the slow cooker and see the magic. Everyone loves American style ground beef tacos, but when talking about something very authentic, we always go for Mexican shredded beef.
This beef recipe is so tender, juicy, and pack lots of flavors. We are using crock pot in the recipe because it makes the beef more tender and flavorful. The chunks roasted after the cooking away all day. Everyone’s method of slow cooking is different, but you have to cook the beef until it shredded by the forks easily. If you roast it and it’s still tough or not shredded, then keep cooking.
- Chuck roast : 3 pound
- Avocado oil : 2 tbsp
- Salsa Verde : ½ cup
- Beef broth : ½ cup
- Yellow diced onion : ½
- Chipolata peppers in adobe sauce, minced : 3
- Cloves minced garlic : 2
- Cumin : 2 tbsp
- Salt : 2 tbsp
- Black pepper : 2 tbsp
- Fresh cilantro chopped : 2 tbsp
- Lime Juice : 1
- Add oil in a large skillet, put the beef (when oil hot), and sear on high heat on all sides.
- When the beef is searing, add the salsa Verde, beef broth, onion, chipolata peppers, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper to the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Put the beef from the skillet in a slow cooker. Place some of the salsa Verde mixtures on the top of the meat.
- Then cover and cook for 5 hours on high and 8 hours on slow. Cook until the beef easily shreds by the fork.
- Now shred the beef with forks and sprinkle the lime juice or cilantro. And serve hot.