Keto rice pudding is a sweet and delicious dessert that is a nutritious sweet dish for keto dieters. This keto-friendly rice pudding has the same texture and taste as the real pudding. But it just has a fraction of the carbs. Many people love to eat this dessert, but they need to replace some ingredients with low-carb ingredients on keto.
It’s heaven to eat this creamy sweet dessert. If you like this recipe, then give it a try to this recipe. Here you are going to know the whole recipe and other information about this dessert. Add this dessert to your keto lifestyle indeed does something to a person. Let’s start reading to know that things.
What Is Not to Like In This Simple Keto Dessert?
You will make this dessert in the low-budget version for everyday breakfast. In the back times, this keto dessert is known as rice milk precisely because the rice cooked in the milk. When it is cooked, the rice is unrecognizable, though. Rice cooked in milk for such a long time until the rice turned in a starch form and left a dense white mixture, unpasteurized mass.
Many kids love to eat this rice pudding in their childhood. It makes you play with the idea of enjoying the rice pudding. If you never tried this recipe, then once you tried it, you will absolutely enjoy this keto rice pudding. Moreover, this recipe is actually a real pudding, not just a starchy milky mixture.
Keto Rice Pudding Or Arroz con Leche?
People all over the world made this rice pudding. This recipe might be originated from Spain, but there is no clue. It is also Called Arroz con larche that means rice cooked with milk. This dish is coming to the state From Europe. Some recipes vary a little bit, but you may discover that you will hate and love the rice pudding at the same time because one recipe used an ingredient or spice that you might like. But the other elements that something is very repelling to you. All the things depend on how you are designing the dessert for your tasting.
How To Prepare Miracle Rice?
In this keto-friendly recipe, we are going to replace milk with something more keto-friendly low-carb ingredient for the rice. Have you ever tried Miracle rice and Miracle noodles? If you never use them, then here is a chance to try those substitutes of rice. When you first time trying these rice, you may be feeling confused about the preparations. But here are some simple steps to prepare the Miracle rice.
- Put the Miracle rice in a sieve.
- Then wash them with cold water for two minutes until the rice will become well-strained.
- Take a pot with water to boil and cook the rice for 3 minutes.
- Check the rice and when the rice is cooked, strain them well. And, the rice is ready to use as cooked rice in the recipe of keto rice pudding.
How To Make Keto Rice Pudding?
Here are some steps to prepare the keto rice pudding in a simple way.
- Take a saucepan, combine the Miracle rice with 1 ½ cup of heavy cream, sweetener, salt, and spices.
- Then cook all those ingredients on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes until somewhat dense.
- Beat the egg and stir it in with the remaining cup of heavy cream. You can optionally add some dried tart cherries. These are a low-carb substitute for the raisins.
- Then constantly cook them for 2 minutes.
- After that, remove from heat and stir in the butter.
When it is cooked, divide the rice pudding into 4 cups. Let the pudding cool and put it in the fridge. When you are going to serve, sprinkle some cinnamon powder before serving.
Is Miracle rice Too Exotic?
Maybe some people don’t want to use Miracle rice and want a substitute. You can also use cauliflower rice to make this keto rice pudding. But it is better if you use cauliflower rice in some savory dishes. If you are going to make some recipes on a daily basis, then try to avoid using Miracle ingredients. Try to keep the recipes simple.
But when you are going to prepare something keto-friendly, those recipes want some special treat and ingredients that you will not use daily. So, it’s not a bad thing to add Miracle ingredients in the keto desserts and recipes. You can try different pudding recipes that you might like.
Keto Rice Pudding Recipe
It’s a keto-friendly pudding that each serving contains approximately 460 calories. Here is the recipe:
|Miracle rice – strained||5 Cup||Star anise||1 piece|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup||Cardamom||3 seeds|
|Erythritol or other sweeteners||1/3 Cup||Egg||1 large|
|Salt||¼ tbsp||Butter||1 tbsp|
|Vanilla bean seeds||1||Dried tart cherries (optional)||3 oz|
- Prepare the Miracle rice according to the above-mentioned steps.
- Take a saucepan and mix all the ingredients such as Miracle rice, heavy cream, sweetener, salt, vanilla seeds, and some spices.
- Cook those ingredients on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, beat your egg with the heavy cream and add some dried tart cherries.
- Then cook them for more than 2 minutes and continuously stir them.
- Then remove from heat and stir in butter.
- When it is cooked, put the pudding in 4 cups. Let them cool and put it in the fridge for the whole night, then sprinkle some cinnamon powder before you serve the rice pudding.